We specialize in Building Automation Systems
Energy Tech Solutions specializes in installing and maintaining building control for its lifetime. We also can add lighting to the control systems. Scheduling your building operations is one of the many ways to bring your energy costs down for your facility.
ETS is integrating personal schedules, events, and holidays for your HVAC & Lighting systems to keep your operations going without thinking about facility maintenance on your off-schedule days.
Send us your monthly schedule. We will update your schedule and ensure the system is ready to go.
We will notify you if there are causes for concerns to discuss options. We provide monthly options for monitoring and can provide support in operations, maintenance, emergencies, and installations.
- We currently service, maintain, and provide long-term solutions to a company located in three states with critical data facilities. This includes their Liebert systems, chillers, and glycol loops. We modernized their Liebert systems with updated controls and BACNET communications for building automation systems.
- We provide consulting and engineering solutions for data center renovations and new builds. Flying to our destination is no issue for us.
- ETS provides heating and cooling solutions to customers maintaining critical data. Our expertise in HVAC data equipment and our desire for clean work makes data center maintenance and repairs one of our specialties.
- ETS maintains facilities in Kansas City that require expertise in piping schematics and central plants. We recently installed HVAC systems to critical data rooms and added cooling systems that operate off the central plant with chiller, boilers, and air handlers for a downtown Kansas City high-rise.
- Central plants that include pump stations, VFDs, chillers, boilers, primary and secondary loops, and cooling towers need yearly maintenance and repairs. We work with your staff and maintenance crews to keep your buildings in optimal condition.
- ETS maintains and services school districts and education centers in Kansas and Missouri. We offer pre-planning, design, maintenance schedules, replacements, and service response to all of our school districts. We offer competitive pricing and good response times, which builds lasting relationships with our clients.
- 90 packaged roof top units needed to be replaced for a Kansas City area school district. ETS worked with their existing TracerSC+ control system. We provided duct modifications and curb modifications throughout the project.
- The labs we service require refrigeration, HVAC, piping that require stainless steel piping modifications, and control replacements for the building automation systems.
- One of the jobs we recently installed was a Lab-Eye water station for the Cheese Lab.
- We performed a scheduled shutdown on the meat lab cooler and had a condenser replaced. Our customer provides testing on different meats in their laboratory. We provide them with routine maintenance on their coolers. We recently replaced a condenser during a scheduled shutdown.
- ETS provides services to medical facilities that have scheduled operations in surgical rooms. We provide maintenance agreements and scheduled shutdowns that work around the doctors and nurses’ schedules.
- ETS is a service and construction company that provides HVAC expertise to cities, counties, and government agencies that require background checks and clean records. Our team provides bid proposals, maintenance schedules, and timely repairs for our customers.
- We have experience with several mechanical and controls construction projects in Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
- ETS recently remapped 35,000 sq. ft. of office space that required air redistribution, duct work changes, and controls relocations. Our knowledge in air balancing, controls, and system designs allows our customer to have several options during tenant renovations.
- ETS redesigned and replaced a building system that had been using T-12 light bulbs to heat the office spaces with mercury bulb thermostats. We updated the building with a VVT system utilizing Alerton controls with redesigned mechanical systems.
- Our team provides maintenance and emergency response to manufacturing plants around Kansas City. We’ve helped a customer design their paint booths for production pieces made ready for fire trucks, ambulances, and military vehicles.
- We enjoy the process, and love learning about new technologies available in HVAC to make plants work more efficiently.
Churches & Cathedrals
- Community and giving is what makes life feel fresh. There’s no doubt that there is a need for good community organizations that help families, neighborhoods, the needy, and the downtrodden.
- Energy Tech Solutions has built long-lasting relationships with nonprofit organizations around the city. We provide cost effective solutions for churches and other nonprofit groups that need reasonably priced contractors for large renovations.
- Government projects and tenants are prestigious customers for Energy Tech Solutions. Some of our employees carry security clearance badges for high priority facilities. ETS provides mechanical contracting services to critical facilities that our government utilizes for daily business operations.
- ETS recently provided a cooling tower installation quote to a client that we maintain year-round. We provide critical shutdowns and installation services to ensure our customers never experience down time.
- We provide temporary cooling and heating operations for facilities. ETS once provided 2 million BTUs of temporary heating to a building that flooded during a freeze.
NEBB certifications are a series of professional certifications issued by the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB). The certifications demonstrate the highest level of proficiency in the principles and practices of system commissioning, testing, balancing and performance verification in commercial buildings. With NEBB certifications, customers can be confident that their construction or renovation projects will be completed to the highest standards, ensuring the delivery of clean, healthy, comfortable and energy efficient indoor air.
With NEBB certification, customers can enjoy lower energy costs, improved air quality, and better overall building performance.
Is commissioning important in mechanical and controls projects?
Commissioning is the most important part of any mechanical and control project because it is the process of certifying that the equipment is installed properly and is running as expected.
After commissioning, the equipment can be used with confidence knowing that it is reliable and will operate as designed.
Commissioning ensures proper system performance, helps to prevent costly repairs, ensures proper operation, confirms system functionality, and provides a safe operating environment.
It also allows the user to verify that the right components have been purchased and installed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Additionally, commissioning helps detect and fix any system oversights or deficiencies before the system is put into full operation.
What is Bacnet?
BACnet (Building Automation and Control Network) is a communication protocol created to allow automation and control products to communicate with each other in commercial buildings.
BACnet was specifically designed to be able to integrate applications from different vendors in the same system.
This protocol allows these products to communicate over Ethernet, ARCNet, Master-Slave/Token-Passing, and LonWorks.
BACnet is an open standard maintained by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
It is commonly used for controlling building functions such as air handling systems, security, fire and life safety, lighting, and energy management.
Why building automation systems are important
Building automation systems are an important tool for efficiently managing a building’s energy use and comfort.
Automation systems have the ability to control a building’s temperature, ventilation, lighting, security, and other systems all from one central hub.
These systems help reduce energy costs by allowing for automatic adjustments to lighting, temperature, and ventilation based on occupancy and outside conditions.
Automation systems can also provide analytics that help monitor and inform decisions about the building’s energy efficiency, and long-term sustainability goals.
Additionally, automation systems provide increased safety and security by alerting facility managers to emergency situations and implementing automated lockout procedures.
By integrating automation solutions with strategic maintenance procedures, productivity, comfort, and efficiency can all be improved.
In other words, building automation systems help provide a safe, comfortable, and energy-efficient environment for everyone.
How a mechanical and control design build plan works
Mechanical and control design-build plans are a comprehensive approach to mechanical engineering projects.
This type of plan involves both the design and construction of mechanical systems.
The design portion involves developing detailed models and drawings of the system, while the build portion involves the physical installation of parts and components and the programming of controllers to regulate the system.
The main benefit of this approach is that it reduces project costs by allowing the customer to approve both the design and construction stages of the project at the same time.
Additionally, the customer can be involved in each stage of the project, ensuring that the system is exactly what they need.